its all about me, really...

SNAFUs, TARFUs and FUBARs just about summarizes the world we live in.

Name:
Location: Bukit Panjang, Singapore

Be gracious to one and all.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What irks me...

A pretty normal day for me ALMOST ended normal. After I was off work, I was queueing up behind another customer at the Jollybean counter, eagerly waiting to buy just a piece of my all time favourite snack: peanut paste pancake.

I was picturing myself savouring on the pancake when my sweet daydream went up in smoke. Fury invaded my mind and the clear blue sky of my daydream suddenly became dark and filled with thunderstorm clouds. I was so busy daydreaming that I did not notice another aunty jumping the queue with my peripheral vision. She was standing about 5 feet away from the queue and she was idly snaking her way sideways towards the queue.

I could kick myself in the rear if I could. I would have stepped right behind the customer in front of me when she walked off. Instead, I lingered for JUST a second longer, that queue jumping aunty ZOOMED right in front of me! What made me feel worse was, there was nothing I could do to change that. I'm not a verbal person, and I'm too lazy to poke my finger on her shoulders to tell her off. Thus, I got "eff'ed" by the small voice in my head.

I don't know if feeling angry and/or furious is being right. I mean, I could have and would have given her my place if she had asked me in the first place. Nothing irks me more than such puny action of queue jumping.

So, ladies an gentlemen, comes the BIG QUESTION. Should I have been more gracious and be more tolerant of such people ? Before you give your view, let me set the record straight by saying, "I would have to be a stupid fool in order to be gracious and tolerant of such actions." Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home