its all about me, really...

SNAFUs, TARFUs and FUBARs just about summarizes the world we live in.

Name:
Location: Bukit Panjang, Singapore

Be gracious to one and all.

Friday, October 07, 2005

say what ?

Passed by a coffeeshop and a fruit stall just now on my way home. I overheard this family placing food orders with the chinese cooked food stall aunty. The mother was asking the aunty to recommend some signature dishes and the aunty rattled off some exotic sounding dishes. I heard the mother ask in Chinese, "sounds very nice! but taste nice?"

Before the aunty replied, I knew what her answer will be. "Nice! Of course very nice!" She echoed the exact same words and I chuckled to myself. What else would you expect her to say ? "No, not nice. Don't order that ok ?" Haha.

Then I came to the fruit stall. There's a housewife buying fruits there. And the famous question came up again. "Uncle! Are your grapes sweet? Any seeds?" Then I noticed a sign, written in both English and Chinese, on a recycled cardboard "$6 per kg. Sweet. Seedless"

"Sweet! Sure sweet. Not sweet, I won't sell. Not sweet, you bring back and change. Confirm no seed."

Haha. WE !!! THE citizens of Singapore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home