its all about me, really...

SNAFUs, TARFUs and FUBARs just about summarizes the world we live in.

Name:
Location: Bukit Panjang, Singapore

Be gracious to one and all.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Formation Training

Remember my post "Air Weapon Training" ? What happened after that was my unit's Rifle Team came in 3rd placing. There were a total of 64 Rifle shooters from 8 different units. My score of 201 out of 300 earned me a 9th place ranking. The highest score was 248 out of 300, which is very very tough to attain unless with consistent practice.

My trophy:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My 9th placed score earned me a chance to participate in the Inter-Formation competition, which is going to be a whole lot tougher than the inter-unit competition. We'll be going up against the Infantry, which consists of the Commandos and Guards. The thought of firing alongside with these hardcore soldiers gives me the jitters.

Anyway, here are some more pics of the indoor range. Notice that the pics are much clearer than those pics in the previous post. Silly me took the previous photos with the setting switched to "Macro" on my mobilephone camera, which blurs up the image of things in the distance. I just discovered I could get a clearer pic by switching the setting to "Normal". I'm such a dork.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The top-left pic shows the vast area inside the air-conditioned range. The top-right pic shows my lane for today.
Middle-left pic shows the setup stage before preparing to load the rifle. The middle-right pic shows the foul smelling jacket that I'm supposed to wear because it stabilises my rifle supporting arm. The bottom-left pic shows the target at a distance of 10 metres away from me. Can't really see the target, can you ? Haha. The bottom-right pic shows a close up of the target board. This particular target board's score was my personal best for today. 20 out of 20. Perfect score ! Pity, its the only one out of 20 target boards.

Ok, I admit a couple of pics have been posted in my previous post before. I just want to put them up again because these are much clearer.

The Inter-Formation competition is going to be held sometime in November. So I guess I won't be publishing any more posts on my training until the competition day.

Wish me strength and luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home