its all about me, really...

SNAFUs, TARFUs and FUBARs just about summarizes the world we live in.

Name:
Location: Bukit Panjang, Singapore

Be gracious to one and all.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Customer Service... NOT !!!

I guess I couldn't keep this pent up any longer or I'll go berserk.

I bought a Nokia N70 for Lina as a Christmas present. Got it on 21st December. Problems arose the very next day. The phone software reboots just about every 5 mins of usage and it took approx 15 mins to get it up and running again. At times, the phone simply refuse to respond to any key presses. So ? It had to spend Christmas not with Lina but with Nokia's service centre.

I collected the phone back on the 27th, which was yesterday. Seemed to be working fine. Smooth operation, no hiccups. Until this morning. Lina set the alarm to ring at 545am but she woke up to find the phone software kicking up a fuss again. Refused to respond again. Luckily she had another alarm set on a backup phone. So, off to the service centre again.

This morning, at Suntec's Nokia service centre, the impression hit me like a thick encyclopedia smashing into my face. Even before the centre opened for operation, there were more than 10 people waiting outside the roller shutter! I guess this speaks volumes about Nokia's phones eh ?

I really tried to be a bitch, uncouth gangster, loud-mouthed bad-ass to the customer service officer but it seemed that whatever I did, the officer simply did not falter. Either their training was THAT good or I was darn lousy. The only thing I got squeezed from them was for the collection to be scheduled to be tomorrow evening instead of Friday afternoon. I guess there isn't much difference.

All I want is for the phone to be working fine. Not keep going back to the service centre. I don't like getting my adrenalin all pumped up, getting angry with people. It ruins my day, keeps me feeling and looking listless the whole day. But the waiting time, those nice excuses they make us believe, those smiles no matter genuine or fake... Customer Service ? More like Customer Harassment, I'd say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home