its all about me, really...

SNAFUs, TARFUs and FUBARs just about summarizes the world we live in.

Name:
Location: Bukit Panjang, Singapore

Be gracious to one and all.

Monday, July 03, 2006

duh ?

Last Friday, I took half day leave to shop for a smaller and lighter stroller for little Ellie.

I decided to try my luck at Suntec, where there's Carrefour and Kid's Mall. Both carry a wide range of strollers for infants.

Two models were shortlisted. Combi and Capella. Both were shortlisted because they were exactly what Lina and I were looking for and both were within our budget. The Combi was selling for SGD 188 and the Capella, SGD155. Only difference was that the Combi one was about 800 grams lighter, and the overall width of the stroller was a tad smaller than the Capella model. Since Lina preferred the Combi brand name over the Capella, we decided on the Combi stroller. The model was "Super Mechacal".

Since Lina was in the office, she offered to check other retailers' contact number for me so that I can compare prices. She got me contact numbers for 3 Kiddy Palace outlets, Baby Kingdom and Baby Hypermart. I called each and everyone of them. Only 1 Kiddy Palace outlet, Baby Kingdom and Baby Hypermart carry the two models that I mentioned.

What stunned me was how the sales staff conversed with me, their potential customer. An excerpt of the first conversation with Marina Square's Kiddy Palace went like this:

Me: Hello, is that Kiddy Palace at Marina Square ?

KPMS: Yes, how may I help you ?

Me: Um, I want to enquire whether your store carry the Combi stroller, model name is Super Mechacal ?

KPMS: How much is it ?

At this point during the conversation, I was taken aback. I thought they were supposed to tell me whether they carried stock for the particular model I was enquiring on and the price and so on. And so,

Me: Er, I don't know. That's one of the reasons why I am calling you.

KPMS: Oh, ok. Please hold on.

Me: Thank you.

(After about 1 minute.)

KPMS: Hi, sorry to keep you waiting. Sorry, our outlet do not have stock for the particular model. Maybe you would like to try another outlet at Toa Payoh ? Anyway, the price of the stroller is SGD 188 and there is no warranty for all our strollers.

Me: Oh, I see. Alright, thank you for the info.

Now, the next and subsequent conversations with Toa Payoh's Kiddy Palace, Baby Kingdom and Baby Hypermart tickled me.

Whenever I called and ask for the particular model that I am looking for, all the sale staffs would ask me, "How much is it?"

When I came down to calling Baby Hypermart, which was on the last in the list, the sales staff too, asked me, "How much is it?". I couldn't take it anymore and I just burst out laughing. That got the sales staff confused.

I wonder, is this some kinda new generation of sales gimmick or something. No matter what the hell it is, it sure is funny to me, the way people talk nowadays. ^_^

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Memory sure is becoming cheaper these days. I wonder when we will finally hit the rate of 1 cent to 1 Gig.

I can't wait for the day when I will finally be able to afford a 20 TB hard disk, hahaha. But for now I will be satisfied with having a 16 gig Micro SD Card in my R4i.

(Submitted by Qezv2 for R4i Nintendo DS.)

Monday, February 08, 2010 4:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home