its all about me, really...

SNAFUs, TARFUs and FUBARs just about summarizes the world we live in.

Name:
Location: Bukit Panjang, Singapore

Be gracious to one and all.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

astro creep...

Darn, I've got so much negative energy inside me. I've got so much to grumble about, so much to scream about and my temper is being kept just 1 degree shy of reaching its boiling point. Somehow all these feelings remind me of the song Astro Creep 2000 by White Zombie.

I just need to find something to absorb all these negativity away. But I've yet to discover just what that thing is.

In the midst of all these, I found that I can ease the discomfort by indulging myself with work. Work that I'm most efficient at: area cleaning.

I've cleaned out my office, which I'm sharing with another 2 fellas. Well, if only I could call it an office. Calling it a pig sty is a huge understatement. Dirt, dust and ciggy ash can be found in every square inch of the floor. Newspapers and magazines strewn all over the place, boots and socks under the sofas, etc etc. Well, you get the picture. That fella living under the expressway flyover has his place done up so much better than our "office".

Anyway, since I'm the only one around these few days, I threw away everything that I know didn't belong to any of the 3 of us. Out with all the bulky stuffs, its time for a good vaccum. Got those industrial type vaccum cleaner lying around so I put it to hard labour. It took me one whole day to clean about 80% of the room.

Got my hands on a used air-con discarded by my contractor, tested it, cleaned it a bit and decided to install it on my grille. Er, I forgot to mention, my office is part of a building that was built by the British Army back in those WWII days. The windows are those louvred swing-type wooden boards and there was a metal grille . So I cut the rectanglar hole in the grille, made a wooden base for the air-con, sealed up the windows using those clear transparent plastic you used to wrap books with, and voila! This looks and feels more like an office.

Oh, looking on the brighter side, I just got my laptop. Placed an order with SingPost about 3 weeks back, taking advantage of the student offer. Its a HP-Compaq Presario, with Celeron processor that set me back by 1.3k. I think its a good buy since it came with 15.1 inch display, wireless lan ready, 6-in-1 memory card reader and best of all, it comes pre-installed with Microsoft Office Professional. The icing on the cake was, the system came with the original Windows XP CD and the MS Office CD. Now I don't have to hunt for unlicensed copies anymore, do I ? -wink-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home