its all about me, really...

SNAFUs, TARFUs and FUBARs just about summarizes the world we live in.

Name:
Location: Bukit Panjang, Singapore

Be gracious to one and all.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sir Klinz Victorious

Just had a shower and I headed to the kitchen for a drink when I heard the crinkling of plastic wrapper.

Some primate instinct told me it ain't caused by those that roamed about during this period of the year. I switched on the light and I focused around the kitchen. The only things that could have given off that crinkling sound would be from the small waste bin on my kitchen sink which was solely meant for 'wet trash'. But there was nothing inside. It was a freshly changed plastic bag.

I moved the bin.

And there was it. A lizard. A fully grown one too.

I was determined to either catch it, chase it away, torture it or exterminate it. Since I was free, I chose the first option. I decided that if it irritated me too much, I'd move on to the third, followed by the fourth option. I will never ever chase it away because, THEY KEEP COMING BACK! The little creepy bastards.

Lizards are afraid or rather, they do whatever they can to avoid contact with water. They lose their stickiness grip on watery surfaces. Therefore, my strategy is pretty simple. A cup of water on my left hand, a piece of cloth on my right hand. I cleared the kitchen top of most of the bulky items, for eg, microwave oven, kettle, etc etc. Then, its showtime.

Since I kept most of the movements to a minimum, that creepy crawly stayed put, as if unsure of what I was going to do. That was when Sir Klinz struck. A splash of water on the area just behind the tail and it headed straight into my already waiting cloth, held in my right hand. I had a good mind to squeeze it between my fatty right hand but somehow, I just didn't do it. Instead, I bought a first class seat for it on Sir Klinz airline and the flight took off through my kitchen window. (Pun intended)

So I had to clean up the place since my bright idea included the use of water. When I was almost done, the cloth in my right hand brushed against a corner behind the microwave oven and guess what. Yep! An all too familiar looking little head peeked out. It seemed that I might have disturbed its slumber. Before it could recover, I took advantage of the element of surprise and I used the cloth to catch it in one fell swoop. And I bellowed out a series of monstrous sounding laughter. Since the only flight in Sir Klinz airline is out, this sleepy creepy crawly had to be flown by hand. Literally speaking.

I guess bagging two creepy crawlies in less than half an hour must have been a record.

Oh well, I gotta crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home